The Mammoth finished…



I fired him to Cone 06 which I should have taken him to Cone 6 but this is the first big sculpting project I’ve done in a while and I did not want him to explode in the kiln. When he came out, there were some stress fractures on the base so the low fire was a good plan and also left the clay porous enough for paint.

As far as paint, I used acrylics over a black base and finished it with a spray matte finish. The finish came out a bit shiny but in the right light it looks good.
I’m not really sure why I went with painting but I got started at Peach Festival just to see what it would look like and before I knew it, I was done and happy.
Working on wolves next but as usual I have to find the time.